Last week I posted a new collection that made demented use of baby dolls. As penance for my evil ways, this week's listicle is devoted to the wholesome wondrousness of babies.
- Did you know that 20% of the time, babies cry for no reason at all? My pediatrician once told me that factoid and I believed it for a full minute before I was all, like, wait, doc, how did you figure that out? Did you ask them and they told you that they weren't hungry or sleepy or poopy? That really they were just bored? The pediatrician was my dad and he rues the day he encouraged me to question authority. Anyway, turns out this scientist has figured out how to measure a baby's thoughts.
- Can't stop watching this family sit-com featuring the smiliest baby of all time. It's one of those clever shows where the family is so messed up, they're actually super loving and inspirational. (Like Roseanne or All in the Family.) Plus, Cloris Leachman is phenomenal!
- Here's a cool infographic illustrating the Harvard study on most common birthdays.
- My kids are grown yet I am gobbling up this parenting book. I can't stop talking about it to anyone who gives me an opening. It makes so much sense! If you experience confusion, conflict, or misunderstanding with people you love, this book might help.
- An entertaining wordplay of Mary Had a Little Lamb -- for brainiacs!
- The next baby gift I buy is this.
- Baby On The Way, the collection photographed above is a pretty gift for a mom to be and is available here.