A few days ago, I stopped by a friend's house and she fixed me a cup of tea. That's inaccurate actually. She served me tea. With a porcelain tea set on a silver tray. It was wonderful. We curled up on her couch, batted away her hissy kitty, and drank cups and cups while talking about life, hellion children, the dangers of retail, and falling instantly in love with our better halves. I will be writing more about her in the coming season, as she is a true original. You are going to love meeting her. And wait till you see the inside of her house! It's full of family heirlooms artfully arranged.
Till then, I'll share a few links on the beverage that gets me through our mean winters. This week's listicle is all things tea:
- Gotta make you laugh till you snort Earl Grey out your nose here.
- At your service! This poor sap orders one harmless tin of Tippy Top Orange Pekoe and ... .
- The Telegraph writers describe their favorite London spots for high tea in this delectable post. I like the sound of the "gentleman's afternoon tea".
- This essay on tea and sexual consent is spot on, mate.
- George Orwell's recipe for tea. Love the way he enumerates the steps.
- Bizarre! Kittens drinking tea forever and ever.
- Men and tea. (Fun!)
- Tea bags have feelings too, you know.