It's Cyber Monday and I'd like to know who coined that hideous term. There's nothing wrong with internet shopping, but Cyber Monday sounds like an evil robotic cyborg named Monday who sucks cash out of your wallet and leaves you empty and staring in disbelief at the confirmation emails. In response, my Cyber Monday offering is handmade. Hand-painted. Stitched by hand. And it's on sale.
It's a petite vignette for the wall, comprised of hand-painted Scandinavian folk art and tiny embroidered panels of birds and flowers. It would be sweet in a bathroom where no amount of humidity will bother it. No cyborg or computer had anything to do with its creation. Click here for shopping information.
Below are a bunch more ideas for things handmade or kits for making handmade items. Happy Handmade Monday!
- This household staple from my childhood is back and I never realized how much I missed it.
- Another staple from the 1970s in a 3-d format for $6. It's like origami meets the Brady Bunch.
- The designer behind this shop has more heart and soul than Aretha Franklin. She's an up-and-comer from Canada who combines her watercolor paintings with gold foil to dramatic effect. I love these cards.
- Talk about gold! Here's some gold ink for calligraphy. I will never tire of fancy script writing, will you? It's one of those disciplines that continues to attract new students.
- I'm buying one of these kits for every girl on my list between the ages of 12 and 25.
- Add a bottle of vino to one of these and you'll be a hostess gift rockstar.
- Add a six-pack of beer to one of these and you'll be a host gift rockstar.
- Perhaps coloring and crafts are not stress-relievers for you. Maybe you don't have time for that sh*!. In that case, read this post from my blogging pal Elaine Ambrose.
Photo of Tiny Wall Collage of Handmade Goodness by Renn Kuhnen.