I listed this trio of pen and ink drawing and arrows in the shop today. There's something about a line drawing surrounded by an ornate frame that is irresistible.
Also irresistible? Elephants. Did you know that their wrinkly skin keeps them cool in high savannah heat? Moisture trapped within the creases does not quickly evaporate. Not sure why that principle doesn't work for wrinkly fifty-year-olds with hot flashes but it doesn't.
Here's my weekend listicle organized around elephants and gilt. (Just go with me here.)
- I am fascinated by the history of the most beloved elephant of all time -- Babar. Wonderful National Graphic interview here with Jean de Brunhoff's son, Laurent, who picked up where his father left off after his premature death from tuberculosis. Family businesses are hard to pass down.
- Wall decals are easy and fun! I use them all the time because I have commitment issues with paint and wallpaper. Here's a nice graphic one.
- And this elephant chair at Anthropologie has me thinking about breaking my 'no-new-furniture' rule.
- On the topic of gilt, OMG, this post about one woman's urge to shop Craigslist is my favorite read of the week. She's got gilt guilt.
- And here's a beautiful gilt DIY that inspires me to get out my handy Annie Sloan gold wax.
Thank you for reading, friends! If you like elephants too, we might have lots more in common. One way to find out? Sign up for my Friday morning emails and test me out:
Photo of Dimensional African Drama by Renn Kuhnen