I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend filled with beautiful weather and some downtime to unwind and relax. If you need a little procrastination before diving into the week ahead, here are some of my favorite links from around the web this week...
- What Prince Harry thought his wedding would be like. Behold! My favorite dress from the royal wedding. And Oprah's accessory game was, per usual, Olympic. Her "vintage" hat was 2005 Philip Treacy. (Technically Oprah, something is vintage if it's twenty years old but I sure approve of digging in your closet.) A peek at beautiful British hats, explained by a journalist who usually covers more serious foreign affairs.
- Last week, we had dinner with my husband's old high school buddy. He wrote this blot post about elevators. Fun read!
- A ghost town has never looked so beautiful.
- My nine-hour drive home from Nashville was made very pleasant by this podcast starring Kristen Wiig.
- How do you wear your hair bun? My favorite is "The Matron".
- My hero Tina Fey on David Letterman's new Netflix series, talking about her "sheet-caking" sketch on SNL. And in case you missed the original sketch, which I loved for many reasons including the fact that I've decimated a sheet cake in my day, but which Fey acknowledges was a swing and a miss, enjoy.
- OMG this old photo of Paris is so evocative!
- This editor at The New Yorker unwinds in a unique way.
- If you're looking for a career switch, Rolling Stoneis hiring a writer. Feel free to use me as a reference.
- Antiques of the Week: I love this carved wooden piece of folk art (hopefully it doesn't creep you out!) Also, this lucite butterfly soap dish is pretty and practical.
Photo by Laurentia Iordache via Unsplash