Every week, I go to the ends of the Internet so you don't have to. Here are the highlights of my wanderings:
- Beautiful wedding gowns this season.
- Best candlesticks I've seen in a while. Rustic, modern, organic, and elegant.
- For those who love the bird girl statue in Savannah, here is more of the photographer's work.
- In case you need a laugh: "Describe yourself like a male author would."
- In case you need another laugh: Welcome to MidwestWorld
- For design lovers, click this link to see where House of Hackney's patterns get tested.
- "On learning that Ho Chi Minh once worked as a baker at the Parker House Hotel in Boston."
- Antiques of the Week: I would use this to anchor napkins at a picnic. Isn't this Greek key motif so striking?
Plus, two great comments from a reader:
On MidWestWorld Cindy said: "As a born and bred Midwesterner (yes, I realize most demographers don't consider Nebraska as Midwest, but they've obviously never been there), I loved the MidwestWorld article. I clicked on the Midwest tag at the bottom of the article, and read even more hilarious and on-target pieces."
And, on Meghan Markle, Cindy said: "Your words of advice [for] Meghan reminded me of this long-ago Mike Royko column. So terribly dated, but interesting to reminisce."
Photo by Lisa Verena Pape via Unsplash.